Sky Software Homepage LogicNP Software Knowledge Base And FAQ

Contact Product Support    SearchSearch      Subscribe to the RSS feed for this forum

INFO: Why do I need Crypto Obfuscator to protect my .Net assemblies.

Subscribe to the RSS feed for this forum  Forum Index -> Crypto Obfuscator For .Net
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Support

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: INFO: Why do I need Crypto Obfuscator to protect my .Net assemblies.

Most non-.Net compilers emit binary programs containing native CPU instructions which are very hard to disassemble, decompile and reverse-engineer. However, all .Net compilers such as C#, VB.Net, Managed C++, IronPyhton, etc emit compiled programs in MSIL (Microsoft Intermediate Language) format. This format preserves a lot of high-level information about your software such as class, field, method, property and parameter names and even the actual code in a well-defined structure. This has facilitated the development of many decompilers and dissassemblers which can extract this information from a .Net assembly. Some tools can even reconstruct the actual structure of your code including loops, if statements, method calls, etc. Needless to say, this means that an unprotected .Net assembly is an easy target for hackers, crackers or competitors who can easily reverse-engineer your .Net code from the compiled assembly. They can easily glean valuable trade secrets, algorithms, sensitive information such as passwords, SQL queries, etc stored in strings, or even try to find security vulnerabilities and change product functionality.
Forum Index -> Crypto Obfuscator For .Net All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: