Sky Software Homepage LogicNP Software Knowledge Base And FAQ

Contact Product Support    SearchSearch      Subscribe to the RSS feed for this forum

INFO: Why do I see CryptoLicense.MaxActivations as 32766 instead of the value I specified while generating the license?

Subscribe to the RSS feed for this forum  Forum Index -> CryptoLicensing For ActiveX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Support

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: INFO: Why do I see CryptoLicense.MaxActivations as 32766 instead of the value I specified while generating the license?

When this license code with the MaxActivations (Limit Machines To) setting is validated, the license service returns a new license code which has all the same settings as the original license, except:
- The new license is machine-locked to the machine from which the activation took place. This ensures that the newly returned license only works on that machine.
- The new license has its MaxActivations (Limit Machines To) setting removed. This ensures that the next time the license is loaded, it is not necessary to communicate with the license service to activate the license again, since the license is already machine-locked.

The reason the CryptoLicense.MaxActivations property returns 32766 is because you are accessing that property AFTER validation the license - in effect you are querying the properties of the new license code returned by the license service. As described above, this license code does not have the MaxActivations setting.

To get the MaxActivations setting of the original license code, load it into a CryptoLicense object, and then access the MaxActivations property.
Forum Index -> CryptoLicensing For ActiveX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: