CryptoLicensing - Usage Reporting
The Usage Reporting functionality of CryptoLicensing allows you to collect
data about the usage patterns of your software as well as the hardware
and software profile (OS, Memory, etc) of the machine on which your software
Benefits of Usage Reporting
- Determine which features are the most used or the least used.
- Determine the duration that each feature is used for.
- Determine the most common hardware and software configurations of
- Prioritize development (enhancements, new features, bug fixes, etc)
by analyzing the usage reporting data.
How It Works
- Integrate the usage reporting code in your codebase - this is a single
method call for each feature used.
- Usage Report data is sent to the license service hosted by you. All
usage reports from all runs of your software from all over the world
are collected by the same license service which allows you to view and
analyze the data in a meaningful way.
- Use the Usage Reporting Console that comes ready-made with the license
service to determine usage patterns and trends in how users are using
your software with the ultimate goal of improving your software.
Using the Consent Dialog
CryptoLicensing comes with a ready-made "Consent Dialog" which
you can use to ask for the user's consent before collecting and sending
the usage report to the license service. With your purchase of CryptoLicensing,
we provide you with the full source code for the "Consent Dialog"
so you can customize its look, feel or behavior as per your need.
Usage Reporting Console
The CryptoLicensing license service comes with a ready-made Usage Reporting
Console to view and analyze the usage report data collected by the license
The console has various built-in views which shows different aspects
of the usage reporting data. For example, View By OS allows you to determine
the various OS on which your software ran as well as the most used and
least used OS. Further each view can be filtered by a particular feature,
a particular application, etc allowing for unlimited flexibility in how
you view and analyze the data.