Version history - ShComboBox Control
What's New!! in version 2012
- NEW: Improved support for Windows 7 libraries.
- NEW: Improved support for Vista and Windows 7.
- NEW: Improved support for DFS folders on Windows 2003/2008.
- IMPROVED: Auto Update functionality to cover additional cases such
as when virtual drives are added/removed/changed.
- FIX: Crash in certain circumstances when namespace extensions were
- FIX: Overflow crash occurred on x64 in some cases.
What's New!! in version 2010
- NEW: Now works with the .Net Framework Client Profile.
- NEW: Namespace extensions developed with .Net edition of EZNamespaceExtensions
can now be seamlessly browsed using Shell MegaPack.
- NEW: Improved auto-update.
- NEW METHOD: ComboBoxItem.GetUnderlyingObject method.
- NEW METHOD: Added ShComboBox.GetImageListIconSize method.
- FIX: Dialogs or message boxes were sometimes shown during refresh.
What's New!! in version 2009
- BUGFIX : Fixed buffer overrun error when showing certain files with
extremely long names such as those in the 'Temporary Internet files'
- BUGFIX : Path property of items which are shortcut targets were incorrectly
- BUGFIX : AutoUpdate did not work when USB disks are connected/disconnected.
What's New!! in version 2008 (Build 581512)
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : AutoUpdate works correctly when USB disks are
connected or disconnected.
What's New!! in version 2008
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Automatically takes on the new Vista look when running on Vista.
- NEW METHOD : Added new enum constants to SpecialFolders enumeration.
- NEW PROPERTY : Added ShComboBox.BorderStyle propetry.
- BUGFIX : ShComboBox failed o initialize properly on Windows 2000.
- BUGFIX : Syncronization with FolderView/FileView fails when ShowVirtualFolders property is false.
- BUGFIX : Fixed problems caused by ShComboBox when Visual Styles are enabled such as blank/incorrect icons displayed for .Net listviews, treeviews.
What's New!! in version 9.0
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Now uses a cleaner 'Share' overlay icon.
What's New!! in version 8.0
- NEW : Now implemented in 100% C# managed code. Some of the advantages of this include 64-bit support, better IDE support, better tool support (such as profilers, linkers, etc) and reduced assembly file size (by as much as half)
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Full support for 64-bit systems and 64-bit development.
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : ShComboBox now supports WebDAV locations. ShComboBox.SetPidl property and ComboBoxItem.Path property now work correctly with WebDAV locations.
- NEW METHOD : Added ComboBoxItem.IsFolder method which determines whether the item is a file or a folder.
- BUGFIX : ComboBoxItem.UserData property was not working properly.
What's New!! in version 7.1
- BUGFIX : Fixed issue due to which a "LoaderLock Detected" MDA (Managed Debug Assistant) message was shown in Visual Studio 2005 projects at runtime or design-time.
- BUGFIX : Items shown under My Computer are now properly sorted.
- BUGFIX : Fixed problem with wrong displaynames for shared/network items.
- BUGFIX : UserData property for custom items did not work.
- BUGFIX : Crash occurred when EditBoxText property was accessed if AutoComplete was set to False.
- BUGFIX : Fixed GDI resource leaks in AddCustomIcon method.
What's New!! in version 7.0
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : An internal implementation change now makes the ShComboBox up to 3X times faster!
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : FolderView-FileView-ShComboBox integration is speedier.
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Improved design-time support.
- BUGFIX : Item icons not shown when system does not have a c:\ drive.
What's New!! in version 6.1
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Custom items can now be added at the Desktop level.
What's New!! in version 6.0
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Added support for custom icons.
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Added support for custom overlay icons similar to the shortcut and share overlay icons.
What's New!! in version 5.2
What's New!! in version 5.1
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : ShComboBox now supports display of custom items.
- NEW METHOD : AddCustomItem to ShComboBox allows insertion of custom items.
- NEW METHOD : DeleteCustomItem to ShComboBox allows deletion of custom items.
- NEW PROPERTY : IsCustom to ComboBoxItem.
- NEW EVENT : ItemAdded to ComboBoxItem allows modification of item properties immediately after insertion.
- NEW EVENT : ItemDeleting to ShComboBox allows cleanup operations related to the item to be performed.
- NEW METHOD : RefreshComboBox ShComboBox.
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : ItemIndent property of ComboBoxItem is now read/write.
- NEW FUNCTIONALITY : Now item tooltip is shown for the edit box as well as the combobox dropdown button.
What's New!! in version 5.0
What's New!! in version 4.3
- BUGFIX : Random crashes in Visual C++ 6.0 at design-time.
- BUGFIX : Using ShComboBox together with one of either FolderView or FileView and SmartUI ActiveX Controls caused crashes.
What's New!! in version 4.2
- Version 4.2 adds the ShowDrivesOnly property which converts the ShComboBox into a standard drive-selection combobox.
- Version 4.2 adds the IconIndex property for changing the icon displayed for a ComboBoxItem.
- Version 4.2 adds the Text property for changing the text displayed for a ComboBoxItem.
- Version 4.2 adds the OverlayIconIndex property for changing the overlay icon (e.g. shortcut icon) associated with a ComboBoxItem.
- Version 4.2 adds the UserData property for associating user-defined data for each ComboBoxItem.
- Version 4.2 adds the Attributes property for retrieving the various attributes of the ComboBoxItem.
What's New!! in version 4.1
- Version 4.1 fixes a memory leak which occurs during display of files/folders.
- Version 4.1 features improved support for Visual Studio.Net. Projects using the control no more occasionally crash.
- Version 4.1 fixes a bug involving the AutoComplete functionality.
What's New!! in version 4.0
- Version 4.0 is totally redesigned giving substantial performance improvement.
- Version 4.0 fixes a bug associated with the AutoComplete property.
- Version 4.0 fixes a bug associated with the DropDownLines property.
- Version 4.0 fixes a bug associated with the SetPidl property.
What's New!! in version 3.3
- Version 3.3 adds TooltipType property which sets the type of tooltip to be shown for ShComboBox Control.
- Version 3.3 fixes some minor bugs associated with ShowFullPath property.
What's New!! in version 3.2
- Version 3.2 adds ShowFullPath property which shows full path of filesystem object in the edit box of ShComboBox.
- Now clicking in the edit box of ShComboBox selects it's entire text.
What's New!! in version 3.1
- Version 3.1 has improved design-time support for certain containers like VC++ and Microsoft Access.
- Version 3.1 has added ShowVirtualFolders property which allows or disallows to show virtual folders in the ShComboBox.
- Fixed a bug associated with the GoUp method.
What's New!! in version 3.0
- Version 3.0 can be easily used with FileView or FolderView Controls using simple 1-line code
like : shCmbBox.FileView = fileVw or shCmbBox.FolderView = fldrVw.
- Version 3.0 has added support for AutoComplete; now while typing paths, urls and other items in the edit box of ShComboBox, they are automatically suggested or completed.
- Version 3.0 has added support for overlay icons and ShowOverlayIcons property.
- Version 3.0 has improved keyboard-handling support.
- Version 3.0 has improved property-page support.
- Version 3.0 has WindowHandle property.
- Version 3.0 has added Indent property.
- Version 3.0 has added IncludeUrls property.
- Version 3.0 has added KeyUp, KeyDown and MouseMove events.
- Version 3.0 has added EditBoxText property.
- Version 3.0 has added GoUp method.
- Version 3.0 has added Font property.
- Version 3.0 has added Font property page to ShComboBox properties window.
- Version 3.0 fixes a bug associated with the NextItem and PreviousItem properties.
- Version 3.0 fixes bugs associated with the Enabled property, SelectionChange event and DropDownLines property.
What's New!! in version 2.01
What's New!! in version 2.0